So, I spent the last 24 hours in San Diego for work a trip and had to take a red-eye back home because of Winter Storm Quinn - needless to say I was exhausted I got home and slept until 4pm. When I finally woke up, there was already a foot of snow on the ground and then the power flickered on and off for a few minutes, which terrified me since I didn't have time to fully prepare, thus I began to bake food so we don't starve and decided protein muffins could get us through Quinn!
As some of you may know (or have noticed) we don't eat a ton of baked goods, I am allergic to gluten and we generally just like to eat healthily, but every now and then you will see me whip something up for us to enjoy. I absolutely LOVE to bake and was heartbroken when I found out I couldn't eat gluten, but that didn't stop me from baking - I still make tons of baked goods for Chance's work crew, including the banana bread I made a few weeks ago :)
Tonight, I threw together some quick protein muffins that are also gluten-free!! Scroll down to find the full recipe below and let me know what you think.
• 2 cups dry oatmeal
• 2 scoops Chocolate Pure Protein Powder
• 2 bananas
• 1/4 cup of whole milk or 1/2 & 1/2 (optional)
• 2 whole eggs
• 2 egg whites
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 1 tbsp vanilla extract
• 1 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix all ingredients together in your stand mixer, adding milk or creamer if the mixture is too dry
2. Divide mixture into muffin pan (I found my pink pan in gold, it is THE BEST non-stick bakeware ever) (making 12 muffins) and bake for 12-15 minutes. Let cool, then serve and enjoy!