INGREDIENTS FOR WAFFLES
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 tablespoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon sugar
• 1 teaspoon table salt
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 2 tablespoons crisco shortening
• 1 stick butter (chilled and sliced into pats)
• 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary (chopped)
• 1 tablespoons fresh thyme (chopped)
• 1 1/2 cups low-fat buttermilk (chilled)
• Cooking spray
INGREDIENTS FOR SAUSAGE GRAVY
• 1 tablespoon butter
• 1 package of Jimmy Dean Roll Sausage
• 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
• 2 cups whole milk
• 1 teaspoon chives (chopped, for garnish)
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat waffle iron. In a large bowl, add the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and baking soda and whisk together. Add the shortening and mix with flour until small, pea-sized pieces form. Add the cold butter and toss until all of the cubes are coated. Add buttermilk to the flour mixture then mix in rosemary and thyme.
Spray waffle iron with cooking spray so the waffles don't stick. Scoop dough rounds onto waffle maker and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Set aside while making sausage gravy.
In a large pan, add butter and melt over medium heat then add Jimmy Dean Roll Sausage breakfast and cook until browned. Slowly add flour and stir until dissolved. Gradually stir in milk and cook until thickened and bubbly, about 5-7 minutes. Season with Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve over biscuit waffles and top with chopped chives.