• 1 head of cabbage
• 2 pounds ground turkey
• 2 eggs
• 2-4 cloves of garlic, minced
• 1 medium white or yellow onion, diced
• 2 teaspoons salt (optional)
• 1 teaspoon black pepper (optional)
• Cooked white rice (optional)
• 1 can tomato sauce (optional)
1. Pre-heat over to 350 F. Cut out as much of the cabbage core as possible, this will help when separating the leaves. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and drop the cabbage in. Remove once the leaves begin to separate. Peel off each leaf and set aside on paper towels to dry. You may have to repeat this process a few times to get the leaves off by re-adding to the boiling water.
2. Mix the ground turkey with the eggs, onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Spoon a portion into each cabbage leaf and roll up, folding each side in as you go to close it up. Place the rolled cabbage with the seams down on a baking sheet and bake for 1 - 1.5 hours in the oven or until turkey is fully cooked.
3. Cook desired amount of white rice in a rice cooker or pot following the instructions on the package and heat tomato sauce in saucepan when cabbage rolls are almost finished cooking.
4. Let cabbage rolls cool down, then serve over white rice and top with tomato sauce.